Writing an ACS RPL report seems a daunting task for an ICT professional desiring Australian immigration. There are so many things like documents, guidelines, rules, and other requirements you must consider. Even a minor fault or flaw can play a major role in the rejection of your application.
Apart from that, it would help if you had a clear idea of writing your report. The better you know all the requirements and methods, the more chances your application will be successful.
Therefore, we have prepared this article to help you by providing all the information necessary. So, calm your nerves and read the whole blog to gain the required information for a perfect RPL report.
Who Can Use the RPL Report for Australian Immigration?
There are two kinds of ICT professionals who can use the RPL pathway. The first one is those without an ICT degree but six years of experience as an ICT professional. The second one is those ICT professionals not having even tertiary-level qualifications but having 8 years of experience. Their additional 2 years of experience are not compulsory to be relevant to the ANZSCO occupation they are applying for.
What is ANZSCO?
ANZSCO (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) contains a list of occupations. These jobs are available in the markets of these two countries. You have to choose a job that is most relevant to your experience. After choosing, you have to apply for the position you chose. Let’s take an example to understand this point.
Suppose you want to apply for the position of Chief Information Officer 135111. In that case, you must show your expertise in organizing, planning, directing, controlling, and coordinating the ICT strategies and so on.
Guidelines for a Perfect ACS RPL Report?
- You have to show the actual work experience that you gained by working in real situations. Don’t try to include false information to impress the authority. You will be caught and rejected.
- You must credit those whose ideas, examples, diagrams, and methods you used in your report. Not doing so will lead to rejection.
- Keep your RPL report plagiarism-free. Don’t try to copy from online RPL samples available on the Internet. Plagiarism in your report can get you banned by the IBP department. So, use samples only as reference material and know the format.
- The ACS board uses advanced tools for plagiarism detection like TURNITIN. Therefore, write a genuine report in your own words. Even if you write honestly, check for unintentional plagiarism.
- Your job descriptions must be in harmony with the employment duties of the position you are applying for. Therefore, always keep the ANZSCO occupation in mind when writing job and responsibility descriptions.
Required documents for RPL Australia assessment:
- Passport or birth certificate
- Proof of name change in case of changing names.
- Latest resume
- Bachelor and Master’s degree if having done post-graduation.
- Degree title or award in education.
- You must show your marks and grades with detailed information about the courses or units you took.
- Vendor login information.
- Job references or a third-party statutory.
- Provide your job start and end date in your employment evidence documents.
- A clear list of the duties you performed during your employment period.
- Your employment country name. If done in different locations of the same country, give a list of all the locations you worked.
- The author must sign the organizational letter with their name, position, address, and phone number.
Tips for writing a perfect ACS RPL report:
Remember, you have to write two project reports to write a complete RPL report. One of the two must have been taken with a period of the last 3 years. The other one must have been taken within the last 5 years from the date of visa application.
Before and while writing your RPL report, keep the following procedures in mind:
- Select your project after careful consideration. You must be able to show your knowledge, skills, and experience with the project you choose.
- It would help if you gave a clear description of the project you chose. For example, its name, the affiliated company, and your role in it.
- Write descriptively about your duties and responsibilities for each project. Write clearly how your ideas were used in the design and development of the project. While writing, you should remember that your writing must take the assessor’s attention to your plus points.
- Give a proper explanation of the methods implemented in the System Analysis and Design of each project development.
- Mention the programming languages used in the project to show your programming skill expertise.
- Don’t forget to include all the database management techniques used in the project to demonstrate your DBMS skills.
- You should also include the project management and quality assurance strategies and techniques used in the project development. It is very helpful to show your managerial skills. Apart from that, you should also explain the security mechanisms used in the project.
- A clear and confusion-free description of managerial activities is a must for you. You also need to show the nature and extent of your competencies and responsibilities for a perfect ACS RPL report.
Things to Remember for the Online Application Form:
Requirements for PDF File
You need to merge your documents into a single PDF file with the necessary information related to your qualifications and work background. Your PDF file should not be over 3 MB. You should also see that your PDF file is encrypted or set to read-only mode. This file is copied and pasted into the application on the website.
Original Certificate Uploads
It would help if you remembered that you submit high-level quality color scans of your original licenses, passports, certificates, resume, and the like. All to be done with a resolution of 300 dpi. You must check the digital signature before your online submission.
In case of ACS thinks that your claim is not enough, the assessment authority may ask you for further documentation for a proper ACS RPL assessment. It is a must for you to submit extra updated papers to get your claim believed.
You should also ensure that your documents are distinguished from the submitted ones.
Translation of Document
Your papers must be in English. If they are in any other language, get them translated into English. You have to submit both your original and translated documents together.
Translation of Documents Inside Australia
Translations are accepted, providing that they are approved by NAAT (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) for use within the country.
Document Translation Outside Australia
If fulfilling the following criteria, then the translation can be accepted:
The Australian Education International Section, Ministry of Justice or equal where the qualification was achieved (AEIS)
Embassy of Australia or High Commission Consulate
Award winner institutes, private and commercial translators
If looking for more information regarding ACS RPL report preparation and submission, so feel free to contact us.