Your internet connection might drop unexpectedly on home or public networks for no reason. When your internet keeps dropping, then you might feel frustrated. Whether it is on your smartphone, Laptop, tablet, or computer, you will see Orbi purple light issue. You are not the one who is facing this type of problem. Your YouTube video freeze, Spotify playlist stops playing, and online gaming spoiled due to the Orbi Purple light issue. To fix this problem, read the below article or contact your internet service provider.
Reasons why you see Orbi purple light
There are multiple reasons why Orbi keeps dropping the connection. And why do you see Orbi purple light? Here, we have provided some of the reasons to name the obvious ones.
- There can be an issue with the infrastructure of your internet service provider.
- You might have connected to a weak WIFI hotspot.
- Defective cable connection from your router, modem, and computer.
- Your WIFI hotspot strength would be insufficient. Or you may be near the edge of the network.
- Is your WIFI network has got overloaded? Then your Orbi purple light issue will not resolve.
- In crowded areas, like streets, stadiums, concerts, etc. The WIFI network got overloaded.
- Your Orbi WIFI will be facing Wireless interference with other WIFI devices or hotspots.
- Are you using outdated firmware with your network adapter driver, router, and modem? Then, check and use the latest one.
Fix: Orbi Purple light and dropping the connection
In the below section of this article, we provide you with some of the potential fixes for your Orbi dropping connection due to Orbi purple light issues. Just follow the step by step instructions.
- Move your WIFI router closer to the satellite or hotspot area.
- In case of suspicious interference, move your router to a different place.
- Keep updating your Network adapter drivers, modem and router regularly.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website for the firmware update for your router and satellite.
- If you found any updates, then download and install the update for your devices.
- Check the Ethernet cable connection, which runs into the router and modem.
- And one that associates with your Laptop and computer.
- Are you on a public WIFI network? Check whether you can log in to the WIFI network.
- Try connecting another WIFI hotspot. Or contact your ISP and discuss the issue.
- Have you tiered off trying the mentioned methods? Then reset the router, satellite, and modem to the factory default configuration.
How to fix Orbi purple light and offline network
- Put your Orbi router connected to the modem or any other internet-connected device on a hard-wired connection.
- Connect it with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Are you unable to establish connectivity of your devices with the network? Even after a successful internet service?
- Then the issue is with the settings of your Orbi.
- In such cases, power cycle the devices.
- Power cycle the Orbi router, modem and computer.
- Unplug the main power cord. After that, plug them back into their respective places.
Are you still facing any issues, like Orbi purple light, Orbi login, Orbi setup, Orbi WIFI not working, Orbi satellite keeps disconnecting? Then refer to the following troubleshooting steps.
Orbi Purple Light troubleshooting steps
- Reboot your Orbi router twice or four times.
- Make sure that all your devices are in the wireless network of your Orbi.
- The WAN port connection between your Orbi router and the modem is proper.
- When the Orbi router fails to recognize the IP address, then try to set it up manually.
- Make sure your Orbi router links to the adapter.
- Turn off your Orbi router and disconnect all the cables and wires.
- Wait for 30 seconds. And then turn on your Orbi router.
- Remove WIFI cables, wires and turn the router off. After a few minutes, turn the router.
- Here your Orbi router will start flashing purple light to white.
- When your Orbi router, modem, and computer is fully booted, turn the router.
Check the Orbi satellite that keeps disconnecting.
If your Orbi satellite keeps disconnecting, then reset the satellite to default configurations. To reset your Orbi satellite, you need to power it on.
- Press the power button available at the back of the satellite.
- And then plug it into the power outlet.
- Look for a hard reset button on your satellite.
- Take a pin to press the button.
- Press the reset button for at least five to ten seconds, and then release.
- The power LED light on your satellite will start blinking.
After a few seconds, your Orbi satellite will become stable. Now you need to re-sync the satellite with the router and enjoy a seamless WIFI network.
Orbi Purple light: Advanced troubleshooting
Check your internet browser and network connection to browse for further troubleshooting steps. Run the internet connection troubleshooter. For this, you have to press the Windows key + S key on your keyboard for the search utility.
- Type the internet connection name into the search box.
- Then click, find, and fix the network problems. Unlock the window in the shot directly.
- Now, you need to tap the advanced tab to open more options.
- Select the Run button as the administrator option.
- Then click the Apply button to repair.
- Now, click the automatically option to select it.
- At last, press the next button.
- Power cycle your router, modem and PC.
- Let it shut for five seconds.
Unplug your Orbi router from the electric power outlet. Then unplug the modem from the power source. At last, remove the computer from the power source and turn it off. After a few seconds, connect the router first. And then connect the modem and the computer.