What is liposuction?
Laser Liposuction is understood as a procedure for the removal of excess adipose tissue utilizing a vacuum. This procedure has several varieties and kinds, but the principle is the same. A special needle-tube, a cannula, connected to a special device, is placed in the fat layer. The device creates a vacuum, pumps out fat from problem areas.
Liposuction is used to remove fat that diet or exercise cannot eliminate. Usually, this is needed to make the body more proportional, improve its appearance, and correct its shape.
In some cases, liposuction is used for severe obesity, when it is necessary to reduce the amount of fat as soon as possible and by any means because excess weight poses a threat to the patient’s life. Lipomas are also removed using liposuction.
Who can get the treatment?
Liposuction can be recommended in the following cases:
- There are noticeable fat deposits
- It is not possible to get rid of local deposits by other methods like diet, physical activity,
- There are no chronic or acute diseases; health is normal.
- The skin is in good condition, sufficiently elastic, responds well to cosmetic procedures.
Whether or not to have liposuction is a serious matter that needs to be discussed with a weight loss specialist in great detail. It should be understood that this is a full-fledged surgical intervention that has some significant consequences. Usually, there is no need for such radical measures. A rather multifaceted technique, consisting of proper nutrition and physical activity may resolve the issue.
In laser liposuction Dubai, the laser is applied to the deposits through a microscopic tube with a diameter of 1 mm. Fat is melted by high temperatures and converted into a liquid substance. In this case, the resulting product is excreted by the body independently, through the lymphatic system. It can be drained surgically at the request of the patient or as directed by a physician. Up to two liters of fat can be removed in one procedure.
The laser method has several significant advantages:
- reducing the trauma of the operation
- using local anesthesia
- short recovery period
- the short duration of the operation about 40 minutes.
The laser seals blood vessels and capillaries in the area of removal of fatty deposits. As a result, there are fewer hematomas and bruises.
Does it help to lose weight?
During liposuction, fat is pumped out of the body. With this procedure, only superficial or subcutaneous deposits are affected. Visually, the body becomes slimmer, the size decreases, but the weight can rapidly return.
Hence, it will be possible to lose weight temporarily through this procedure. But before making a decision, it is necessary to weigh all the advantages and disadvantages of the technique and discuss them with a weight loss specialist.
- It will help you to lose weight by removing fat deposits from a specific area.
- It is a relatively safe procedure performed under the influence of local anesthesia
- The procedure is not suitable for everyone. To obtain a doctor’s approval for this procedure, one must go through many different tests and examinations.
- The results will be visible in 10-14 days when postoperative oedema subsides. But the results will only be entirely visible six months later.
- Scars may remain on the skin
- Stretch marks, skin folds may remain, which can be removed with a separate operation.
- There are side effects. The postoperative period is rather difficult.
- Increased risk of blood clots
How much weight can you lose with laser liposuction?
Removing fat is traumatic for the body since the procedure causes dehydration, leaching of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Moreover, normal liposuction can cause complications. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism. Bruises and swelling usually take a long time, leaving small scars.
In one operation, doctors pump out about 2-3 liters of fat, but the value may vary, depending on the initial weight of the patient. A larger volume can be dangerous to patients and lead to serious illness.
If we explain the volume into kilograms, then one litre of fat will weigh about 800-900 grams. It turns out that in one operation it will be possible to get rid of 1.6-2.4 kg of excess weight. If the patient has 30 extra pounds, then he will have to do about 10 operations. Each of them puts stress on the heart due to anesthesia and can bring side effects and complications.
As far as how much weight can you lose with laser liposuction is concerned, up to 3 liters of fat can be removed in one operation using this procedure.
At the final stage of losing weight, when the desired weight has already been reached, and the state of health does not cause concern laser liposuction may be useful, provided that:
- Eating habits have been successfully changed in the right direction.
- The way of life is realized thanks to the study with an experienced psychologist.
- The only thing that causes discomfort is the remains of fat deposits in the problem areas.