Feeling as healthy and young as possible has nothing to do with finding the mythical fountain of youth; It could be as easy as drinking water as hydration from the sink in your own home. However, some older people may find it difficult to ingest the amount of water their bodies need to thrive, which can lead to a variety of health problems.
Why stay hydrated? The Health Benefits of Drinking Water
As per your body retains up to 50% of water. In fact, our bones are made up of 20% water! And we lose between two and three litres of water every day. In the hot summer months, when we sweat to cool our bodies, we lose even more of the water we so desperately need. Dehydration can lead to a variety of health problems, from headaches and memory problems to kidney stones and blood clots.
Recent studies show that the health benefits of drinking water for older people are numerous. Chronic dehydration is a key component in many illnesses faced by older people, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, asthma, and even arthritis and joint pain. Older people are also more likely to become dehydrated than their younger counterparts simply due to a decreased feeling of thirst, certain medications they are taking, or decreased kidney function.
Preventing Dehydration in Older People
Water acts as a coolant, lubricant, and means of transportation in your body. It is necessary to regulate body temperature, eliminate toxins and waste, transport nutrients, and much more. Signs of dehydration include confusion, tiredness or drowsiness, dry mouth, low blood pressure, and a rapid heart rate and low urine output. If you are not sure if you are dehydrated, try pulling the skin on the back of your hand. If it doesn’t normalize right away, it’s time to increase your water intake.
Enjoy all the health benefits of drinking water and avoid dehydration by following these tips:
- Keep torques Jal mineral water bottle with you always. If you always have water, you are more likely to drink it regularly. Place a bottle of water on the end table or nightstand, or fill a pitcher with water and place it on your coffee table for easy refilling of your glass.
- Make-up water outlet with water inlet. When you are physically active, you are likely to sweat, especially on the remaining warm days of summer. Before, during, and after your workout, be sure to drink plenty of water to ensure you replenish lost fluids.
- Try different drinks offered by torques Jal mineral water brands. You can drink many other things like lemonade. Add a little lemon, lime, or other fruit to the water for a little flavour.
- Avoid making sugary decisions. While it’s okay to drink liquids other than tap or bottled water, avoid sodas sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup. Your body does not need these types of ingredients. They provide little or no nutrients and can contribute to the development of diabetes and other problems.
- Obtain water from other sources. Some fruits and vegetables are high in water content and also provide healthy vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. With soup, you can eat many things.