Infrastructure Provider is the foundation on which the telecom industry stands upon. Why? It’s because an infrastructure provider facilitates the telecom companies with 4 basic resources that they need to run their business:
- Right of Way: A legal resource that allows Telecom Service Providers to lay their cables across urban areas to provide connectivity to their subscribers.
- Duct Space: An infrastructural resource that vents the excessive heat generated by the high end equipments that Telecom Service Providers use to provide services.
- Dark Fibres: They allow the TSPs to provide high speed internet to the subscribers.
- Cell Towers: They are the resource that have made wireless communication possible in the world.
So you see, becoming an infrastructure provider is not such a bad idea. If you have the grit, the technical knowledge and the financial stability it’s required to run this business, you can easily obtain IP1 license in India – the permission to operate as an infrastructure provider.
And here are the steps for it.
Incorporate your company
Start your company. The Department of Telecommunication – the issuer of license – only entertains applications from business entities, not individuals. Thus, your first task is to start a company whose objective is to provide passive infrastructure to telecom service providers. The steps of starting such a company are as follows:
- Decide a name that resonates with your business objective.
- Get approval for that name. You’d only be able to get it if the name is unique.
- Draft the MOA and AOA
- Get the DSC of the directors
- Apply for the DIN
- File the online SPICE application
- Get the Certificate of Incorporation
File the application form via the DOT portal
Use the DOT’s saralsanchar portal to fill the application form for IP1 license. When you get the prompt, upload the following documents:
- Certificate of incorporation
- MOA and AOA
- List of shareholders of the company
- Net worth certificate
- Description of business
- DD of the application fees.
Get the IP1 License after assessment
As you submit the application, you won’t know whether or not the DOT has received the application. Simply put, it’s all in the hands of almighty once your application is forwarded to the DOT. However, in order to make sure that there is something by your side conducting regular follow-ups with the department, you can hire a telecom consultant.
That telecom consultant would assist you in ever matter concerned with IP1 license registration.
DOT will assess your application and if it fits the requirement of an idea infrastructure provider, you’ll be given the registration to operate as one.
Do you want to ensure that you get to start your business early? If you do, then you should know that it would require getting the license on time – something that can you only do if you have an consultant to help you. Registrationwala sports India’s best telecom registration consultants
How to become an infrastructure provider in India? This blog explains the way by which you can obtain the IP1 license – the permission to become an infrastructure provider.