Beauty is skin deep. We have all heard this adage. Yet, we all strive to look good, as it adds a huge level of confidence to our personalities.
To look good, you need to uncover your real beauty that comes from within. This glow and radiance get hidden by a layer of dead skin cells, oil and dirt that need to be removed with the right face mask. Masks deep cleanse your skin, hydrate it, and encourage collagen production so that you always look your best.
But there is a plethora of beauty masks available in the stores, so how do you go about choosing the right facial mask for your skin? Let us guide you.
Are you aware of your Skin Type?
Your skin can be of these types: normal, oily, dry, or combination type. Skin type and quality depends on the amount of moisture it can hold, and the amount of sebum (oil) being produced internally.
Normal skin is characterized by skin that is not too dry or too oily, and has natural elasticity and radiance.
Oily skin is shiny or greasy in appearance, prone to acne and pimples, and usually has clogged pores. Dry skin is itchy, flaky, and feels tight and stretched, especially after washing. It is prone to dehydration and early aging. Combination skin has an oily T-zone (forehead and nose area) with dry or normal skin in the remaining facial area.
Benefits and types of face masks
Your skin benefits in the following ways when you use face masks:
- Protects your skin from the effects of environmental stressors and UV damage
The harmful effects of sun rays, pollution, dust and smoke leave your skin looking jaded and tired. Using a face mask can rejuvenate and hydrate your skin superbly.
- Cleanses toxins and dirt from clogged skin pores and minimize open pores.
Clay masks are great in exfoliating and detoxifying your skin. These prevent skin breakouts by keeping your skin clean.
- Prevents breakouts like acne, whiteheads and blackheads
Oily, acne prone skin benefits from the deep cleansing properties of natural face masks.
- Hydrates your skin effectively and prevents moisture loss
If your skin is dehydrated, a mask with fruit and plant extracts, along with hydrating agents like Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, Glycerin, moisturizes effectively.
- Keep away the early signs of aging and brings back skin glow.
Use an anti aging face mask to nourish and revive your skin, so that the early signs of aging like sagging skin, fine lines, uneven skin tone, wrinkles etc., are kept away. This mask also works as a skin glow cream as it gives your radiance and youthful looks.
As you can see, face masks are absolutely essential to maintain skin health and vitality. But which mask will suit you best?
Guide to using Face Masks
This quick guide helps you in selecting the right mask for your skin:
- If you have dry skin, you need to intensively moisturize your skin with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask. This hydrating mask has Fountain plant, Glacial Glycoprotein and Desert plant extracts, and regular usage will result in hydrated, soft and replenished skin. Use once or twice a week before sleeping.
- Open pores and excessive oiliness lead to acne and breakouts. For gentle exfoliation and purification from pollutants and oxidants from oily skin, use Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask, a clay mask that detoxifies and cleanses skin, thus minimizing chances of acne and breakouts. Ingredients like Amazonian Clay and Aloe Barbadensis work effectively to draw out impurities, reduce surface oil production, and detoxify facial skin. You can use this mask twice a week.
- If your skin is dull, pigmented and blemished, use Kiehl’s Turmeric and Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask that works like a purifying skin glow cream. It unclogs pores and uncovers your skin’s hidden luminosity. The turmeric extract in this creamy hydrating face mask, sloughs away dead skin cells and leaves your skin smooth and blemish free. Cranberry is rich in Vitamin C and boosts collagen production, improving your skin’s texture and elasticity. Application thrice a week gives best results.
- An effective anti aging mask would be Kiehl’s Ginger Leaf Hibiscus Firming Mask, made of Hibiscus seed extract and sustainably sourced Ginger leaf. These natural ingredients help smooth and firm skin while visibly reducing the appearance of fine lines. See how your skin feels smoother and looks younger with regular application of this mask. You need to use this five times a week for best results.
- For dry skin that has discolorations, use Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Clarity Booster Hydration Mask that visibly reduces dark spots and discolorations with continued use. It also provides lasting hydration to plump skin and helps smoothen the rough texture of your skin over time. Use once every two-three days for best results.
These superb face masks from Kiehl’s are the ultimate in skincare, and beautify your skin remarkably.
For glowing in your skin’s inner beauty, use Kiehl’s facial masks.