Undoubtedly, Rockspace is one of the most successful and renowned networking companies. It became special since the launch of the RDS series WIFI extenders. Following the astounding success of the Rockspace RSD0608 WIFI Extender, which almost became a cult-classic WIFI networking device. Rockspace ap.setup is still is a top choice of the users. Later on, Re.rockspace.local decided to release a version/series of WIFI gadgets. It has a modem incorporated. So people will not go for a separate modem and still can experience the lightning speed and lag-free streaming same as the Rockspace RSD0608 setup extender.
Rockspace RSD0608 WIFI extender provides you with an AC1900 speed. It means that the maximum theoretical speed of the Rockspace WIFI extender setup is 1,300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. And 600 Mbps on 2.4 GHz. On the 5 GHz wireless frequency band, it follows the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard. And for 2.4 GHz wireless frequency band follows the 802.11n Wi-Fi standard for a better theoretical speed.
How to Change the admin password of my Rockspace RSD0608
The admin password of your Rockspace WIFI Extender is the one you entered for the first time. It is the password used for logging into your Rockspace RSD0608 WIFI extender. If you want to change this password, follow some basic ap.setup steps as explained in the following steps. The ideal password of any WIFI router should not contain any dictionary words. A strong password of your router/extender contains uppercase and lowercase letters, digits, numbers, characters, and symbols. You can set it up to 16 to 32 characters.
Rockspace WIFI extender setup and password change for RSD0608
- A web browser is the first requirement to perform any advanced setup to your WIFI extender.
- The web browser can be launched from a computer or mobile device connected to the web-based interface.
- When you launch the web browser, enter Re.rockspace.local or https://ap.setup in the Addy section of the browser.
- Click login and a www.ap.setup login window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the router admin username and password. And get quick access to your router.
- The user name you require in this section is admin. Just below the SSID section, enter a password.
- The admin password is one that you entered for the first time. Or use the one that you have entered at the login to your Rockspace ap.setup page.
- The user name and WIFI password both are case-sensitive details. So while input, use small letters.
- Now you are at the BASIC Home page of your Rockspace ap.setup page.
- Select the ADVANCED tab >then select Administration.
- Here you can set the admin password.
- First, you should type the previous WIFI password in the section where it requires the Old Password of your router.
- Then, type the new WIFI password you have from now on.
- Go to the Set Password section and Repeat the letters, words, and digits to confirm the new WIFI Password.
- Click the Apply button to save your https://ap.setup settings made in this section.
How do I Enable admin password recovery for Rockspace RSD0608 WIFI extender?
Use the admin password of your Rockspace Local to log in to the web-based interface of your router. It is better to enable the password recovery option in the beginning. So you can recover the admin password when forgotten. The password recovery process is in any standard web browser, like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Chrome browsers. The password recovery process will not support in the Safari web browser.
To enable password recovery option in your Rockspace local
- Launch a default or installed web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Connect to the WIFI network of your house to perform the process.
- Fill the search bar section of the browser with the login address Re.rockspace.local setup or 192.168.1.1
- Now, manage your user manual page of Rockspace RSD0608 WIFI extender. And a login window opens on the screen.
- On the login page of your WIFI extender, enter the admin username and WIFI password. ADMIN & PASSWORD are the required details.
- When the BASIC Home page of your router displays, Select ADVANCED >then hit Administration >at last hit the option Set admin Password.
The Set Password page displays.
Here you have to select the option “Enable Password Recovery” and tick the check box. Now, select the two security questions you want and provide answers for the same. If the answers are genuine, then you can remember them easily. At last, Click the Apply button and confirm your settings.
Besides being a Smart WIFI and wireless extender, the Rockspace WIFI extender R6350 is the best repeater also. Rockspace has made R6350 compatible with both the ADSL and VDSL-2 technologies. You will get data rates of more than 100 Mbps simultaneously on both downstream and upstream pathways due to its ADSL and VDSL compatibility.