Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections for hair loss are a relatively popular concept in dermatology. While clinical studies have shown that PRP treatment has been successful with various growth factors for several years, many dermatologists have recently begun using it in their clinics. Here I am going to describe everything about PRP treatment in Dubai.
PRP is an abbreviation for “platelet-rich plasma.” Platelet-rich plasma therapy employs the most acceptable rich plasma your blood has to give since it promotes speedier healing, boosts growth factors, and raises collagen and stem cells levels. All of which are naturally created in the body to keep you looking youthful and fresh. These growth factors are employed in this circumstance to assist in regenerating thinning hair.
Are PRP injections painful?
Because the PRP solution comprises a person’s blood elements, there is little chance of a response to the solution itself. People who receive PRP treatments for hair loss, on the other hand, may have the following adverse effects: slight discomfort at the injection site and scalp soreness.
PRP injections are generally not unpleasant; however, the amount of discomfort varies depending on the portion of the body being treated. Injections into the joint cause little pain. There may be slight discomfort following the treatment; however, this does not last more than a few days and may be alleviated with over-the-counter pain relievers.
How the Procedure Is Carried Out
PRP injections are administered in three stages:
- The doctor will extract your blood from your arm to perform the therapy.
- Then, he will centrifuge the blood to separate it into three layers: platelet-rich plasma, platelet-poor plasma, and red blood cells.
- The doctor inserts the PRP (blood injection) in the scalp with a syringe. After a local anesthetic has been given.
When Should I Expect Hair Growth?
The objective is dual. First, the hair follicles must stop transitioning into the dormant/resting phase of the hair growth cycle for more extended over time. Second, must give those follicles to growth factors, stem cells, and platelets to be revived and returned to the growth phase.
You’ll notice a significant reduction in hair thinning and loss at first. Then, generally, you’ll see noticeable hair growth during the first two to three months.
Who Is a Candidate for PRP Injections?
PRP injections can help a broader range of individuals than you think. PRP in Dubai may benefit the following groups:
- Both males and females. Male baldness and hair loss are frequently discussed, but women do not always benefit from the same level of public awareness. Women, too, might have hair loss due to various circumstances.
- Those with androgenic alopecia or other types of alopecia are also referred to as male and female pattern baldness.
- A wide variety of ages. Many adequate clinical studies have been conducted with patients ranging in age from 18 to 72 years.
- People who are undergoing hair loss due to excessive levels of stress
- Those who have recently lost their hair. The more recent the hair loss, the higher your chances of reversing it before PRP treatments are too late.
- Individuals who have lessened or balding hairs yet are not fully bald. PRP injections are intended to thicken, strengthen, and grow hair from follicles that are still operating, no matter how poorly.
The Recovery Period Following PRP Injections
There is a recovery time for every surgery. While yours will not hinder you from undertaking most routine activities, the adverse effects and soreness in your scalp should go away in three to four weeks. After three to six months, it should be gone.
What Is the PRP Procedure’s Efficacy?
While case studies have demonstrated patient satisfaction with PRP injections in the past, it is not universally applicable.
People with chronic conditions and thyroid abnormalities, for example, may not notice effects over time. It is because cosmetic surgery will not address the underlying concerns. Whatever happens, the hair will continue to come out. Other therapies, some of which are not even dermatological, may be more helpful in some circumstances. Oral medicines may be used to treat thyroid illness instead.
The Cost of PRP Injections
The lingering question on your mind is most likely how much this therapy will cost. It is a significant concern for many people, but being aware can help you be better prepared when the time comes to seek treatment.
As you are probably aware, no medical or cosmetic procedure is cheap. Several elements influence the pricing, but we will break it down as best.
A single injection might cost between AED 400 and AED 1300. It is determined by the quality of the materials utilized and the treatment location.
Three injections are required every month to a month and a half until the primary cycle is completed. Following that, you will need a fresh round of therapy every four to six months. It is because you require frequent maintenance injections to guarantee that your hair continues to grow without thinning or falling out completely.
Each set would most likely cost between AED 1,200 and AED 4,000 in total.
It is critical to remember to verify with your insurance provider before beginning any treatment plan. Some insurance companies will not pay the cost of the hair transplant because it is only cosmetic.
You won’t be surprised later if you discuss the cost of hair loss therapy to promote hair growth for hair thinning and alopecia with your insurance provider ahead of time. You will have more time to save before the treatment begins if you do this. Without PRP injections, decreased stress results in higher hair growth with PRP for hair loss.
PRP hair treatment in Dubai is one of the most rapidly increasing hair restoration therapies on the market today, and it is only expected to grow in popularity over time.