As we know, QuickBooks is a life-saving software that gives us fruitful payroll services. But, on the other hand, QuickBooks error 15101 appears during important tasks and ruins the whole work. If you are having the same issue with your payroll updates, then don’t worry because, in this blog, we have mentioned all the causes and symptoms and also covered all the possible methods you can try to vanish this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 15101?
QuickBooks facilitates you with a payroll feature that lets you pay other employees’ salaries without hustle. It stops when QuickBooks error 15101 shows up. It occurs when you update the payroll services in your computer system. If this error is not fixed immediately, it will cause other issues.
Causes and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15101
The causes of QuickBooks error 15101 are:
- Digital signature certificates are corrupted.
- A third-party application is interrupting the payroll update.
- You have an expired subscription.
- Internet explorer is not set as the default browser for QuickBooks
- Because of Windows Firewall, QuickBooks cannot connect to the internet.
- QBWebconnector.exe is not working correctly.
The symptoms of QuickBooks error 15101 are:
- An error code with an error message pops up every time on the screen when you try to update payroll saying Error 1501: When updating QuickBooks desktop or payroll.
- The system stops responding and freezes.
- The speed of your running tasks will decrease.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Errors are:
In addition, several techniques will help you eliminate this error.
Method 1: Establish a Digital Signature Certificate
- At first, we will head to the windows bar and search for .QBW32.exe.
- Then right-click on the file and select Properties.
- After that, select the Digital Signature tab and ensure that Intuit. Inc is chosen from the list of signatures.
- Then, hit on Details.
- And then click on View Certificate.
- In the certificate window, select the option Install Certificate.
- Then, keep clicking the Next option until you see the Finish button.
- Hit on Finish and restart your system.
- Then click on the QuickBooks icon to open it.
- Download the QuickBooks options another time.
Method 2: Use reboot.bat files
- Firstly, you need to close the running QuickBooks application on your computer.
- Then, go to QuickBooks Properties by right-clicking on the icon.
- Afterward, select the tab Shortcut and go to the Open file location.
- You will see a list on your screen; select reboot.bat or reboot file from that list.
- Run it as an administrator by right-clicking on the file.
- Give the user account permission by clicking on Yes.
- Then a command prompt window will pop up showing file scrolling.
- After the scrolling ends, the window will disappear. Then restart your computer.
- Then open QuickBooks and download its recent updates if you find any.
Method 3: Use safe mode
- If you are using a high-speed internet connection in Windows, you can restart your system in networking mode in the safe mode settings.
- Reboot your windows and press F8 continuously.
- The safe mode option will be displayed on your Windows with a black screen.
- Select the Safe mode with networking option with the help of navigating with the keyboard, select the operating system you want to restart, and then press Enter.
- Then, select a login. To get access to all computer programs select the System Administrator. And then provide an Admin password.
- Then select Yes.
- Relaunch QuickBooks to see if the problem is resolved or not.
- And then restart your system.
Method 4:Clear the Previous Updates
- First, launch QuickBooks desktop and click on the tab Help.
- And then, locate the Update QuickBooks desktop and click on it.
- Afterward, go to the Update now tab and click on Reset update.
- And then click on Get Updates.
- The download of your updates will start.
- After the completion of downloading, you will have to restart the application.
- Relaunch the application and run on to the help menu.
- Then select Update QuickBooks and select Update Now below the overview tab.
We hope these methods have helped you fight QuickBooks error 15101. If you have further issues or need guidance related to QuickBooks, then contact us at +1-800-615-2347. Our team has trained and experienced QuickBooks technicians who will help you deal with the errors.