BEE certification is the process that gives a star rating to your manufactured electrical appliance based on its power consumption. In this era where the need for energy conservation is high, having a star rating on your product can make it a primary choice for your customers. Let’s see how you can obtain get the power rating for LED lights in India.
India’s power crisis is not an unknown phenomenon. It was only recently that Delhi was about to run out of coal within 4 days. While it was touted as a false alarm later, it did alarm the manufacturers who now want to only provide low-power-consuming products.
LED lights have a different story. Their goal was to be power efficient from the start. However, the constant development of this industry has given birth to a race to decide how efficient can an LED be.
It seems that the answer is “very”. However, the only way to prove that your LED is better than the competition is to undertake the BEE certification process for it.
Read content: Complete Mobile SEO Guide
Getting BEE certification for the LED light in India
For certifying the LED light with the appropriate star rating, you must follow the procedure below:
- Go to the official website hosted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- Register and then login.
- Fill the brand registration form, and submit the requisite documents.
- Trademark registration certificate
- ID proof of the applicant
- ID proof of the applicant’s company.
- Within the next few days, BEE will assess your application and if you meet all the eligibility criteria, will grant you BEE brand registration.
Read Related Article: Public to Private Limited Company Conversion Process
Once your brand has the approval of BEE, it’s the turn of your model to get the star rating.
- Login to your BEE dashboard.
- You will see a new option available, called model registration. Click on that button.
- Enter the details of your LED light.
- In the end, the portal will give you an option to enter info about other models of LEDs. You can do so but remember that the cost per model is INR 2000
- Submit the application form and take its printout.
- Finally, deposit the following documents along with the printout:
- Cover letter
- Test report of the LED light
- Declaration letter stating that whatever information you have provided in the application form is correct.
- Sample of the LED light.
The Bureau will then assess your application. If there are no errors, BEE transfers the application to its in-house lab for the final testing. After the testing is complete, you obtain BEE certification.
Read Related Article: WPC Certificate: Obtain the Right to import wireless product
BEE certification allows you to show off that your LED light is efficient. Attract more customers than you could’ve hoped for. As the process is fairly complex, don’t hesitate to reach out to experts for help. All your requirements will be fulfilled and you will get the license on time.
If you have any queries pertaining to the BEE registration process or have products that you want to get a star rating for, reach out to Registrationwala.