In this article, we will learn about to secure your Home Wi-Fi Network. Wireless Networking (Wi-Fi) has made it so natural for anybody to utilize the Internet on their PC, cell phones, tablets, and different wireless gadgets anyplace in the house without the messiness of links.
With customary wired systems, it is incredibly hard for somebody to take your data transfer capacity however the large issue with remote signs is that others can get to the Internet utilizing your broadband association even while they are in a neighboring structure or sitting in a vehicle that is left outside your loft.
There must be three reasons:
- This will build your month-to-month Internet bill particularly when you need to pay per byte of information move.
- It will diminish your Internet get to speed since you are presently having a similar web association with different clients.
- It can make a security hazard as others may hack your PCs and access your own documents through your own wireless system.
How to Secure Wireless Network?
Securing your Wi-Fi network is not that difficult. Here are few steps you need to follow to secure Wi-Fi network.
- First, you need to take your device and open the router’s setting in it. If you don’t know how to access the router’s setting, then follow these steps.
- On your device open the web browser, in the address bar type 192.168.0.254. And then you will see the login page. Type your credentials there username and password for the router.
Note: This is different for each router, so first check your router’s user manual.
- Once you have done, then we recommend you secure your network is to change its default password of the router.
- This helps you to protect others from accessing your network. You can change your password from setting by changing it from a general admin/password.
- The next thing we recommend to secure is to change your Network’s SSID name.
- SSID name always comes with default as setting you can change it from wireless settings in your router’s settings page.
- Make sure to create creative and difficult, because it will secure your network your hackers, and others.
Note: Don’t use your name, home address or other personal information in the SSID name.
- Next is to enable network encryption on your wireless network, in your router’s configuration page open wireless security settings.
- There choose the security method to choose WEP, otherwise, go with WPA2.
- Here, enter your password to access the network and make sure it should be a difficult one.
- There is another way also by reducing the range of your Wi-Fi signal.
- If your wireless router has a high range make it into your house range only.
- Decrease it by changing the mode of the router to 802.11g or use different Wi-Fi.
- Timely Upgrade your Router’s firmware to secure your network.
- You can find the existing firmware version of your router using from the router’s dashboard at 192.168.0.254
Who is connected to your Wireless Network?
On the off chance that you are stressed that outsider might be associating with the Internet utilizing your Wireless network, open your router’s administration page (utilizing the 192.168.0.254* location) and search for the DHCP Clients Table (it’s under Status > Local Network on Linksys switches). Here you will see a rundown of everything being equal and wireless gadgets that are associated with your home network.
The ROCK SPACE wireless range extender is easy to set up through WPS button which is situated on the re.rockspace.local Wi-Fi range extender. For that you just need to hold and press the key for few moments and need to follow the instructions to setup the connection among the wireless range extender and wireless router.
Manual For Rock space WiFi Extender
For that there are two methods first one is by using WEB BROWSER TO EXTENDER YOUR WIFI and second one is by using WPS BUTTON TO EXTENDER YOUR WIFI.
To connect with ROCK SPACE WIFI EXTENDER by using web browser follow these steps given below:
- Firstly, plug in the extender into an electrical outlet near to your wireless router.
- Use your computer, laptop or mobile phone to search and connect to the extender WIFI. The default WIFI is on the product label on the extender back panel.
- Then, launch a web browser, type the default login domain name re.rockspace.local or default login IP address 192.16810.1 into the address bar and after that click enter button on the keyboard.
- Now, select the WIFI name (SSID) you want to extend and then click next.
- Then, enter WIFI extender password of the selected WIFI name if any and finish.
- Now the device will perform extending process so just wait for a moment.
- Now, the ROCKSPACE WIFI EXTENDER extended successfully.
- Relocate the extender to another electrical outlet. Then observe the LED indicator on the extender to choose an optimum extended location for best WIFI performance.
- Finally, enjoy your WIFI the extender WIFI name and password are the same as those on your router.