An International Long Distance Operator provide telecom services such as transmission of data, voice and others over long distances all over the globe.
Telecommunication services in India are going international. Thus, if you have the financial and technical capabilities, providing international long distance service is something you should definitely think about.
Before you start this service, you have to explore the answers to the following questions:
- What is an International Long Distance License?
- Are you eligible to become an international Long distance operator?
- If so, then what is the process you must follow?
- And finally, what documents do you need to provide to the authority?
What is International Long Distance License?
An international long distance license is the certificate to start a telecommunication service centre that provides voice and data transmission services over long distances across the globe.
Department of Telecommunication is the authority that issues this license to companies that meet regulatory requirements to provide these services.
What is the eligibility criteria to become an International Long Distance Operator?
You see, the eligibility criteria to become an International Long Distance Operator or to acquire International Long Distance License” is the same. Furthermore, it’s also similar for every other telecom license in India.
And, it’s that the applicant needs to be a company.
Read Other Useful Content: Insurance Broker License
DOT doesn’t issue any business certification individual. It’s because according to DOT, only organizations have the ability to provide complex services such as telecom facilities. Thus, only a company registered under Companies Act have the permission to apply for the ILD license.
Furthermore, the ILD services have a very wide scope. And thus, they require applicants that have the financial stability to provide those services. Thus, DOT has specified that only companies with net worth of INR 2.5 Crore are eligible to obtain ILD license.
The applicant company applying for the ILD license must have a net worth of INR 2.5 Crore.
What is the procedure to acquire the ILD License in India?
Similar to the process of obtaining the license to become a National Long Distance operator, ILD license entails the following steps:
- Furnish the requisite documents
- Fill the application form
- Wait as the Department of Telecommunication processes your application form
- If issues are found in it, deal with them in a timely manner.
- If the application is accepted, you’ll receive a letter of intent
- In the letter of intent, you’ll see details of entry fee and bank guarantees you need to submit. Submit those entry fees and fulfill the bank guarantee requirements.
- Finally, sign the ILD license agreement to obtain the license
Read Other Content: FFMC License
What are the documents you need for International Long Distance License?
Following is the genera list of documents you need to submit to obtain ILD license in India:
- Certificate of incorporation, and
- Memorandum of Association, and
- Articles of Association, and
- Business plan of your company
- Funding arrangement for the ILD project,.
- DD of the ILD license fee
- List of directors and shareholders of the applicant of the company.
- Equity details of the Company
- Board Resolution authorizing the experts.
International Long Distance service consist of transmission of voice and data over long distances all over the globe.
Thus, you can realize that it’s expensive to provide such services. Therefore, only a company with net worth of INR 2.5 Crore has the permission to become an International Long Distance Operator.
Read More: FEMA Guidelines
The procedure that you must follow is quite conventional. However, simple or not, you have to make sure that you have the complete documents from the very start. To know more about International Long Distance services, consult with Registrationwala.