Lips are the most sensitive part of our body. So, they are prone to diseases than any other part of the skin is capable of getting. The most common cause for infection over lips is a fungal infection due to its high moisture content and cracks. It can also occur due to infected mosquito bites or cuts on lips. The most common fungal infections seen worldwide are athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, etc. Using antifungal cream for lips can resolve this problem. This article will give you all information about antifungal diseases which are caused over the lips.
There are various reasons why fungi infect your lip areas, such as trauma injury, chapped lips, use of harsh soaps, medications, and other environmental exposure. Fungal infections on the lips are also caused by certain types of viruses, including the herpes simplex virus (HSV). When HSV invades the lip area, it may cause a severe condition called herpetic stomatitis. Herpetic stomatitis is an infection of the mouth that HSV causes, and it can lead to the development of cold sores on the lips. Sometimes, children may also get a fungal infection around the mouth if their immunity is suppressed or they have a particular disease such as eczema.
Ecological factors for lip infections
According to research studies, there are ecological factors that can lead to fungal infections on lips. These environmental exposures include high humidity and wet conditions; wearing dentures; medications; chapped, dry, or sunburned lips; frequent licking of the lips; smoking tobacco products (smoking dries out your lips); having an impaired immune system (your body’s ability to fight off infection); diabetes mellitus (diabetes slows down the healing process); and taking medicines for prolonged periods.
The symptoms associated with fungal infections on lips can vary depending on the severity of the infectious disease. That time, antifungal lip cream comes to your rescue. The most common symptoms of fungal infection on lips include:
– It will help you get rid of the infection quickly.
– You’ll have a healthy and clean lip area.
– Prevents the lip area from getting further damaged.
– Reduces the risk of developing cold sores.
– Prevents the spread of infection to other parts of prevention
There are some ways that you can prevent fungal infections on lips from occurring. These methods include:
- Keeping your lips moisturized with a lip balm or cream.
– This reduces the rise k of developing fungal infections around the lips.
- Wearing lip balm at all times to prevent chapping and dryness of your lips which can cause cracks in this area.
- Keeping yourself well hydrated, especially during the winter months when humidity levels are low.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene
- Avoid licking your lips excessively.
- Not smoking tobacco products, which can dry out your lips.
Fungus on lips can be caused by a variety of factors, including traumatic injury and environmental exposures. The most common symptoms include redness, swelling, itching, burning blisters, or dry skin. In order to prevent a fungal infection from occurring in the future, you should keep your mouth hydrated with lip balm and avoid licking or smoking tobacco products.