Chandigarh has always been regarded as one of the best cities to live in India. And why shouldn’t it? It’s clean, systematic, and has the best people around. But what if we tell you there is something else as well?
Yes, the Housing Scheme of Chandigarh launched in 2021 will make buying flats and plots a lot cheaper and easier than before. Through this blog, we shall dive deep into the scheme and essential details. Read on!
Chandigarh Housing Board Scheme
The Chandigarh Housing Board launched a scheme in Rajiv Gandhi IT Park in Chandigarh, implemented since April 2021. There are about 800 flats distributed through this scheme, including 2 BHK, 3 BHK, and 4 BHK flats.
The purchase of flats will be largely based on your income and buying power. Most of these flats will be on the city’s outskirts since the core of the city is already highly populated.
The best part is that these quality homes will be provided to the citizens at very cost-effective prices.
All interested individuals will have to provide an application to the Chandigarh Housing Board directly and apply online.
The Haryana Housing Board Act, 1971 applies to the Chandigarh Housing Board Scheme as well. The Chandigarh Housing Board has developed more than 60,000 houses in and around the city and has various categories to its functioning.
Moreover, the Housing Board mentions that about 25% of city dwellers reside in the housing options given by the Government of Chandigarh under this scheme.
Prices of Flats
According to the Chandigarh Housing Board, flats will be available at very affordable prices for the general public. People from the weaker sections will be allowed to purchase these flats at even lower prices.
The cost of 1 BHK is around INR 90 lakhs, which is a little costly. Although, if you come from the weaker sections of the society, you can avail this flat for INR 50 lakhs.
Next, in the case of 2 BHK, you can expect a cost of INR 1.36 crores, while buying a 3 BHK would cost around INR 1.63 crores.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for CHB Housing Scheme?
There are three main criteria for citizens to be eligible for the new Chandigarh Housing Scheme application. Let’s go through all three of them.
First of all, the interested citizen should be a permanent resident of the city. They must be an adult, i.e., more than 18 years of age. Lastly, the person applying should have a bank account number. This bank account number must be in their name.
What are the Documents Required for the Application?
Here is a list of the documents you must keep handy while applying for the Chandigarh Housing Board Scheme:
- Aadhar Card number of the person applying
- Certificate of permanent residence
- A copy of your ration card
- A copy of your passport when you apply for identity purposes
- Copy of your PAN card
- Copy of your Bank account Number
- A gazetted officer issues the applicant
- Your Voter ID card certificate
How to Register for the Scheme?
Follow the steps given below to navigate through the website and register accordingly easily.
- Go and visit the official Chandigarh Housing Board website.
- On the home page, you will find an option to register for the CHB Lottery Scheme. Click on it.
- Then, click on proceed, and a new page will open up.
- You will receive a full-fledged list of flats along with the region and price.
- Next, click on the Apply for registration tool.
- Before you start registering yourself, go and log in with your registered email ID and password.
- In the registration process, you must enter all the required details and documents that need to be uploaded.
- Next, click on send OTP number. After that, you will get an OTP on your mobile number.
- Once you receive the OTP, please enter it in the text box and click on the submit button.
We hope this blog made you aware of this effective and affordable Housing Scheme in Chandigarh. Here’s wishing you find your dream house!