Are you seeking assistance to get rid of the QuickBooks Error Code 12031? Well, if that is the case, then reading this post till the end would surely help. This error can be seen when updating your QBs desktop software to its latest version or can also occur due to the network timeout. As a consequence of such an error, the user might not be able to connect with your server. Moreover, when your firewall security system configuration isn’t set to the default or has some mis configuration, such an error would occur. This error appears on the screen with the following error message: Error 12031: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server. To know what causes and the measures that can be taken to fix such an error, make sure to read the post till the end or contact us at +1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with immediate support and assistance.
What factors can trigger such an error in QuickBooks?
The user can end up in this issue due to the following reasons:
- One of the major causes can be improper firewall might be blocking the functioning of QuickBooks.
- Or if the internet connection is weak.
- Another reason can be if the third-party antivirus could be causing havoc.
- The user can also experience the issue if there is improper SSL settings can also lead to this error.
Steps to eliminate the issue in QuickBooks
The user can perform the steps related to using QuickBooks component repair tool to eliminate the error code 12031. The steps included are:
- At first, download the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- And then, install it by clicking on the downloaded file and following the on-screen instructions.
- Now, launch the tool by clicking the desktop icon.
- In the test connectivity section, select the option to browse. You can find it beside the company files bar.
- After that, select the company file in which you were having the issue.
- Click on the Test Connectivity button.
- The repair will start immediately. You just have to wait till it is done.
Towards the end of this post, we expect the user to eliminate the error successfully from QuickBooks using the set of steps we have tried to list in above. But if in case the user isn’t able to even after performing the set of steps stated above, then in that case feel free to contact us at +1-888-351-0999 and our experts will ensure to eliminate the issue from its root cause.