The Common University Entrance Test is CUET full form. It is an entrance exam for undergraduate programs at central and state universities. How Central Universities are Changing the Eligibility Criteria for CUET Examination?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the CUET test online for the first time in the coming year. To help students improve their grades, the test will happen twice a year in 2023.
The eligibility criteria of different central and state universities may vary after the government introduces the CUET. Knowing the Eligibility Criteria for CUET 2023 of the universities you want to apply to is important.
In this article, we have discussed the eligibility criteria of different universities across India.
Also, check for CUET-participating universities
|Table of Content:|
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is a standardized test for Undergrad students. Those who want to get admission into a different central or State university in India gave this examination.
The CUET is an important part of the university admissions process in India nowadays. It can significantly impact a student’s chances of being in their desired program at their desired university.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts this test. Students who perform well on the CUET Exam paper are often prioritized for admission to the top university.
Participating Universities in CUET 2023
CUET is a compulsory admission test, established by an act of Parliament. It is regulated by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University have agreed to take admissions through the CUET cut-off. It will start from Academic Session 2022-23.
- University of Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Assam University, Silchar
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Central University of Gujarat
- Central University of Haryana
- Banaras Hindu University
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
Changes in the Admission Process of Top 5 Central Universities of India
As CUET is an entrance exam for central or state universities, several changes in the admission procedure have occurred.
The table below compares how the admissions process was previously done and how it is currently updated.
|University||Previous Admission Process||Revised Admission Process|
|DU||The university considered the marks secured by candidates in the 12th and shortlisted the candidates based on cut-off marks.||From 2022, a single entrance examination NTA CUET conducted for admission into all UG courses|
|BHU||Banaras Hindu University considered the marks secured in the 12th standard. A minimum of 50% to apply for BHU.||Currently, the same process is there. Due to the ongoing situation, the NTA CUET shall be from 2022.|
|AMU||Aligarh Muslim University has an entrance examination, after which you shall be in the admission process.||From 2022, AMU shall conduct NTA CUET for offering admissions to their UG courses.|
|JNU||Jawaharlal Nehru University conducts a separate entrance exam to access UG courses.||Due to the unexpected situation across the country, the single examination NTA CUET cancel d by JNU and will commence in 2022.|
|JMI||You got for final selection based on the scores of the entrance test by JMI.||From the following year, JMI shall conduct NTA CUET for admission into UG courses|
Eligibility Criteria for Different Universities
The CUET eligibility criteria of universities can vary depending on the course. But there are some general things you will need to consider.
Your score will be one of the main factors determining whether you are eligible to apply to a particular university.
And, depending on the course you are applying for, there may be other specific requirements you will need to meet to be eligible.
So if you are applying, research the eligibility criteria of different universities. You can also check for colleges under cuet
Delhi University (DU) CUET Eligibility Criteria
Admission at Delhi University will be on the basis of CUET Test scores.
According to the DU Eligibility Criteria, you must have given four CUET exams and obtained qualifying marks in the language test.
- Paper only in one language (compulsory)
- Three domain subjects (compulsory)
- In the language paper, a minimum of 30% should be there.
The eligibility criteria and general exam pattern mentioned should follow if you wish to study at Delhi University. It is important to note that each UG course requires you to attend different domains/subjects. Also, check for Delhi University Guidelines for Admissions.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) CUET Eligibility Criteria
Aligarh Muslim University is a renowned and vibrant university. This is famous for its excellence in teaching and research.
To be eligible for admission to AMU, you must meet the following Conditions:
- You must have completed your class 12 or an equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- A qualifying score of 45% for the qualifying examination.
In the CUET exam, you must choose at least two subjects from Section B and the general aptitude test. You can also check for the CUET documents required.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) CUET Eligibility Criteria
JNU, as we all know, is a world-renowned institution for teaching and research. Based on CUET scores, the university offers a variety of undergraduate courses.
To get admission to your desired course, you must meet JNU Eligibility Criteria 2023.
- You must have completed class 12 from a recognized board/university.
- In the qualifying examination, you must have obtained a mark of 45%.
- In the NTA CUET exam, you must have taken at least one language paper from Section 1A and the general aptitude examination.
Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) CUET Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to Jamia Millia Islamia, you must fulfill the following CUET criteria for 2023.
- You must have passed class 12 from a recognized board or university.
- To be eligible for the JMI, you must have at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- You must have taken at least one language paper and a general aptitude test.
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) CUET Eligibility Criteria
The general BHU CUET Eligibility Criteria, are divided into four parameters, detailed below. The criteria for each university program differ.
- You must be no more than 22 years old as of July 1, 2023.
- You must have passed class 12 from a recognized university or board.
- You must have at least a 50% mark in class 12.
- For the CUET, you must write one language paper, at least two subsections from section B, and a general aptitude test.
Mahatama Gandhi Central University CUET Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to Mahatama Gandhi Central University, you must fulfill the following CUET criteria for 2023.
- Students must have completed 12th from a recognized board.
- You must choose the language and domain-specific subjects based on the university.
- You must have at least a 50% mark in class 12.
- You must write one language paper, two subsections from section B, and a general aptitude test.
Indira Gandhi National Tribal University CUET Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for admission to Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or an examination from a recognized Board/University.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
There are many separate Central and State university entrance exams. They have their Exam pattern and Eligibility criteria.
Now, it becomes easier for students after the Commencement of the CUET to give only one exam. The eligibility criteria of universities after CUET can vary. So, you must check with each university before taking the test.
This article has discussed the different CUET eligibility criteria of different universities. I hope you find it helpful.
Read more:- Why is Education a Must Important For Everyone?
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Q1. Will CUET scores be acceptable by Delhi University?
Ans:- According to the latest admission policy released by Delhi University, candidates’ selection would be on the basis of their CUET scores. DU will no longer follow the cut-off trend for admissions. A Common University Entrance Test (CUET) aims to offer UG aspirants equal opportunities.
Q2. Is CUET 2023 exam conducted online or n offline mode?
Ans:- CUET 2023 will be in online mode. The questions on the exam will be of the MCQ type.
Q3. What is the CUET exam’s purpose?
Ans:- The CUET exam is a single-window opportunity to get admission into any of the central universities across the country.
Q4. Can a candidate submit two application forms for two courses simultaneously?
Ans:- Candidates may apply for multiple courses based on their eligibility; however, candidates must only apply for a single form. Multiple forms of the same course may result in the cancellation of all of their application forms.
Q5. Is it necessary for me to carry any documents to the examination center?
Ans:- On the examination day, candidates must bring the following documents to the testing center:
Admit Cards and undertaking can be available from the NTA website (a clear printout on A4 size paper).
Any type of photo id (Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Ration Card, PAN Card)