What is Generic Elavil?
Elavil is a prescription medicine used to treat symptoms of depression. Elavil may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. Generic Elavil is available online in many MG forms like Generic Elavil 75mg, Generic Elavil 25mg, and Generic Elavil 10mg.
How should I take Elavil?
Take Elavil 75mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.
It may take up to 4 weeks before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve.
If you need surgery, tell your surgeon you currently use Elavil. You may need to stop for a short time.
Do not stop using Elavil suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to safely stop using Elavil.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Dosing information of Generic Elavil:
Usual Adult Dose for Depression:
-Initial dose: Elavil 75mg orally per day in divided doses; this may be increased to 150 mg/day (if needed)
-Maintenance dose: 40 to 100 mg orally per day
-Maximum dose: 150 mg/day
Alternate outpatient treatment regimen: 50 to 100 mg orally as a single dose at bedtime; this may be increased by 25 or 50 mg as needed at bedtime to a total of 150 mg/day.
-Initial dose: 100 mg orally per day
-Maintenance dose: 40 to 100 mg orally as a single dose at bedtime
-Maximum dose: 300 mg/day
What to avoid
Do not drink alcohol. Dangerous side effects or death can occur when alcohol is combined with amitriptyline.
Avoid driving or hazardous activity until you know how Elavil 25mg will affect you. Your reactions could be impaired.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Amitriptyline can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.
Generic Elavil side effects:
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Elavil: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- Signs of a blood clot – sudden numbness or weakness, problems with vision or speech, swelling or redness in an arm or leg;
- Unusual thoughts or behavior;
- A light-headed feeling, like you might pass out;
- Chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating;
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- Confusion, hallucinations;
- A seizure (convulsions);
- Painful or difficult urination;
- Severe constipation;
- Easy bruising, unusual bleeding; or
- Fever, chills, sore throat, mouth sores.
Common Elavil side effects may include:
- Constipation, diarrhea;
- Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach;
- Mouth pain, unusual taste, black tongue;
- Appetite or weight changes;
- urinating less than usual;
- Itching or rash;
- Breast swelling (in men or women); or
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at one time.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of amitriptyline can be fatal.
Overdose symptoms may include irregular heart rhythm, feeling like you might pass out, seizures, or coma.
What other drugs will affect Elavil?
Taking this medicine with other drugs that make you sleepy can worsen this effect. Ask your doctor before taking Elavil 10mg with a sleeping pill, narcotic pain medicine, muscle relaxer, or medicine for anxiety, depression, or seizures.
Sometimes it is not safe to use certain medications at the same time. Some drugs can affect your blood levels of other drugs you take, which may increase side effects or make the medications less effective.
Tell your doctor about all your other medicines, especially:
- Other antidepressants;
- Medicine to treat depression, anxiety, mood disorders, or mental illness;
- Cold or allergy medicine (Benadryl and others);
- Have Medicine to treat Parkinson’s disease;
- This Medicine to treat stomach problems, motion sickness, or irritable bowel syndrome;
- Medicine to treat an overactive bladder; or
- Bronchodilator asthma medication.
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with Generic Elavil
Amitriptyline, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible drug interactions are listed here. For the General Pain you can use: buy aspadol | buy aspadol online